State Fund’s IIPP Builder
Preparing an Injury and Illness Prevention Program—or IIPP for short— is your first step to a safer workplace. All California employers are required by law to provide a safe workplace for their employees and must have an effective safety program (IIPP) in writing.
This online tool will help you create a safety program for your business. It will guide you through the eight parts of an IIPP and ask questions about your current safety practices along the way. Your answers help build your program and tailor it to your business. When you’re finished building your program, you can save a copy to your computer. If you’re a State Fund policyholder, your program will also be saved to your policy record.
- Save your program and access it any time to edit or update it.
- You can start building your program and come back to finish it later.
- You can create additional plans for different locations.
- If you are not insured with State Fund, you can create an IIPP and save it as a PDF to your computer.
- The application will time out after 20 minutes of inactivity and will not save your work. You will get a notice after 15 minutes.
Before getting started, collect your current safety procedures. You’ll need them to help answer some of the questions. Also, identify who in your business is responsible for managing your safety program—and have their contact information ready to enter into the IIPP.